Equatorial ion signatures of evening auroral bulge and polar arcs at 4 RE
Swedish Institute of Space Physics
Cluster observed a unique event on 2002-5-19 at around 06:45 UT. The event turned out to be useful in the following subjects:
(1) First-time separation of discrete ion motion (finite gyroradius) effect in the ion data.
(2) Responce of ring current when a strong DC electric field is imposed
(3) Height extend of the plasmasphere in the evening sector
(4) Particle and field signature of auroral bulge which is not related to substorm (no dipolarization)
(5) Formation of electric potential in the equatorial region in association with filamentation of transpolar (poleward part of double) arc.
Created 2008-06-04 09:25:51 by Mats HolmstrÃ¶m Last changed 2008-06-04 09:28:36 by Mats HolmstrÃ¶m