at the Swedish Institute of Space Physics
- Solar Terrestrial and Atmospheric Research (STAR) with personnel located in Kiruna, Umeå, Uppsala and Lund
- Conducts experimental research into processes affecting the Arctic middle-atmosphere, which includes the cold polar vortex of the dark stratospheric winter and the even colder, permanently daylit mesopause of summer. (Originally the Polar Atmospheric Research Programme, PAF.)
- Researches aspects of the sun, the solar corona and the space environment, including the solar wind’s interaction with satellites, the Earth and its magnetosphere; studies the principles and mechanisms which control Earth’s interaction with its space habitat. (Originally the Solar Terrestrial Physics Research Programme, STP.)
- Solar System Physics and Space Technology (SSPT) with personnel located in Kiruna
- Studies the interaction of the solar wind with planets, asteroids and comets, their atmospheres and magnetospheres, as well as researching magnetospheres round other astrophysical objects (stars and galaxies).
- Space Plasma Physics (RPF) with personnel located in Uppsala
- Conducts research into magnetospheres and dynamic processes in space plasma.
Doctoral and other theses:
Updated 2020-04-15 by webmaster*irf.se